A few weeks ago I was really ill and unlike the majority of people, I don’t lose my appetite when I am ill. If anything, I start eating for an army (no, seriously). So after rummaging through my fridge and cupboards, I picked out my favourite ingredients and made this and then I made it two more times within a space of 36 hours. So I might have some sort of Chorizo/Pasta/Cheese addiction but I am okay with that.
This dish is the comfiest of comforts, pasta=carbs=goodness, chorizo brings warmth and spice, cream and parmesan turn into gooey creamy concussion and red peppers & mushrooms, well they are two of your 7 a day, aren’t they?
- 60g Penne or Spaghetti or Orzo or Tagliatelle, basically whatever rocks your boat. I don’t discriminate against pasta
- 50g Chorizo, sliced
- 100g Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely grated
- 1 Roasted Pepper from a jar, sliced (get these from B&M as they cost less than £1 a jar!)
- 3-4 Chestnut Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of single/double/soya cream
- Handful of Grated Parmesan
- Sprinkling of Chill
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
The method (it takes less time to make this than it does for my hair mask to dry, honestly)
- Boil your pasta per instructions with a dash of Olive Oil in the water
- Heat up a large pan, splash a bit of Olive Oil and start by frying Chorizo for couple of minutes till it crisps up, throw the Garlic in and fry for further 30 seconds
- Add a sprinkle of
- Now throw in the mushrooms and fry for a couple of minutes, throw in the peppers and heat the through.
- Throw in the tinned tomatoes and heat them through
- Hopefully, at this point, your pasta is done (if not, get yourself some quick cook pasta!), drain it and throw it in with Chorizo and veggies
- Add the Cream and heat it through till it starts bubbling, now add the Parmesan, stir through and voila!
Enjoy with a large hot mug of Lempsip… I am kidding, maybe a glass of hearty Bordeaux or a rich Rioja. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. This is definitely in my top 5 of Favourite Pasta dishes.